Janay Tieken, Housing and Community Development Manager, talks about the services the department provides.
McKinney's Cultural Music Series is free to the public. Concert attendees are encouraged to bring
blankets, chairs or a picnic basket.
Admission and parking are free.
Red, White and BOOM! kicks off Independence Day with a parade in Historic Downtown McKinney. Festivities take place throughout the day and
wrap with a fireworks show at McKinney Soccer Complex at Craig Ranch.
- 168,358 total people as of January 2017
- 68 square miles currently in city limits with another 118 left to annex
- 7 council members representing the city of McKinney
- 24,851 total students enrolled in McKinney ISD
- 92 percent graduation rate at McKinney ISD
- 49 new business openings in 2016
- The Texas Department of Public Safety announced October 2017 that the city of McKinney has the lowest overall crime rate among Texas cities with a population of 100,000 or more.
- According to WalletHub.com, McKinney is the #1 U.S. city for first-time buyers. WalletHub’s analysts compared 300 cities of varying sizes across...
- McKinney is home to two firsts in “green” initiatives – the first environmental-experiment Wal-Mart store in the country, built in 2005, and the first environmentally-conscious Toyota dealership, Patt Lobb Toyota.
- Downtown McKinney is one of the oldest authentic downtowns in Texas, with homes, commercial...
More information about McKinney, Texas
Like the county, the town was named for CollinMcKinney, signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence and author of a bill establishing counties in the northern part of the state. On March 24, 1849, William Davis, who owned 3,000 acres where McKinney now stands, donated 120 acres for the townsite.
McKinney has a unique, rich and diverse spirit in part because of the history that shaped it. Over the years, the city leadership’s vision in preserving our history has intentionally crafted a town that offers the best of the old with a vibrant present and a very promising future.
In its prime, from 1876 to 1927, the Historic Collin County Courthouse was a bustling hub of activity for Collin County. Many historical events and memories were made in and around the building.
McKinney National Airport
McKinney National Airport (TKI) is located in McKinney, Texas, one of the fastest growing cities in America. The airport offers easy access to surrounding cities, fewer delays and superior infrastructure and services.
The largest and most active corporate flight departments in the Dallas area call us home. McKinney National Airport is a general aviation reliever airport. We are the North Texas airport of choice for business and personal aviation transportation. We support all civilian flying, except scheduled commercial passenger airlines. We offer U.S. Customs for international flights and have hangar and office pad sites and business opportunities available.
McKinney National Airport is a premier general aviation reliever airport providing best in business class aeronautical services, amenities and customer service to attract and retain aeronautical businesses and General Aviation aircraft.